"Error caused by a device driver" Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckclimbergurl

Hello everyone,

I'm very new here, and I've got a problem!! (Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I couldn't really find any relevant information that would help me.)

So I built my computer just over a month ago, and since the very beginning it chooses to crash randomly. Seems to be more frequently now though. I haven't been running similar programs when this happens, so I'm having a hard time figuring out what the problem is.

Anyways, when I get back into windows, a box pops up saying that the system has just recovered from a serious error. If I click on Send Error Report, Microsoft opens up a page saying that it was caused by an unknown device driver.
( http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=6915916a-16b0-4d43-aed9-3ef730bbf60b&SID=10 )

I don't know how to fix this problem, but hopefully there are some big geeks out there who would be glad to help me!

My computer specs are:

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
-Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe w/ DualDDR400, 7.1 Audio, Dual GB Lan, Dual PCI-E x16 SLI, Cool-Pipe
-Kingston 1GB PC3200 DDR CAS 3
-Kingston 1GB PC3200 DDR CAS 3
-Seagate 120GB Barracuda 7200.9 SATA II w/ NCQ, 8MB Cache HD
-Seagate 80GB Barracuda 7200.9 SATA II w/ NCQ, 8MB Cache HD
-LG Super Multi DVD Writer 16x16 DVD +/-RW Dual-Layer
-MSI NX6600GT-TD128E Geforce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 w/ TV-Out, DVI
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Sound Card

Just let me know if you need more info to help solve the problem!

Thanks so much,

Tedi

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

So I read that, seems like quite a lot to do! I'll get at it though.

In the meantime here are some minidumps.

Thanks again!

Tedi

All your minidumps crash at nvata.sys. Nvidia sata driver.

Updating your chipset drivers, may solve your problem.

Regards Howard :)

Alright, so I googled nvata.sys chipset drivers and came up with this site:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ver&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a

About halfway down is one that is called "nVidia Chipset Drivers under Win XP 63-bit" and I downloaded it, and restarted the computer. within half an hour the sytetm crashed again.

Is that not what I'm supposed to be getting?

Should I be thinking about re-installing Windows and everything else?

Tedi

You only need the 64bit drivers, if your running Windows 64bit OS.

Since you`re running Windows XP, they are the wrong drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Sorry.. I meant to say 64-bit in my last post, not 63. I only downloaded the 64-bit one.. not the 32.

So you're saying that was the wrong driver to download? Is there anyway you could direct me to the correct one(s)? I'm very confused as to what I need to do apparenlty :blush:

BTW, I just took off that 64-bit one that I linked earlier.. and my computer just crashed a few minutes ago. Third time today, arrgh!

Tedi

Thanks so much!!

I went to Asus and got a chipset driver. It's been over 24 hours now and no problems, so keeping my fingers crossed that this was the problem.

Again, thanks! :)

Tedi

Hi again.

So I went away for a few weeks, and when I came back (exactly a week ago now) I turned my computer on and within 10 minutes it crashed. I restarted it and haven't had any problems. I turned it off again about 2 days ago, and turned it on again today. It has been on for about 40 minutes now, and has crashed twice. Only there doesn't seem to be a minidump for the first crash? Not sure why that happened. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could look at my minidumps again and see if its the same problem..? I'm wondering if my computer doesn't like to be turned off, but that doesn't really make sense right?

Anyways, here they are.

Thanks again,

Tedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back