Error Caused By Graphics Device Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seppel

Hello Everyone My computer keeps turning off on me and when I reboot I send an error report and get this message.

Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to determine what specifically caused the problem you reported. To troubleshoot the problem, please see the information listed below.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, please do one of the following:

If you are running Windows Server 2003 you may experience crashes if you have adjusted the Hardware Acceleration setting. Microsoft recommends that you set the Hardware Acceleration setting to None for server systems. To check your Hardware Acceleration setting, go to the Advanced section of the display properties dialog box.
If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update website. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
Additional Technical Information

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

I don't know much about computers so any help would be appreciated. I don't know if this information will be helpful but I am currently using Windows Xp Home Edition.

Could be a faulty video card but most likely a corrupted video driver. Uninstall the video driver and then install the latest one.

Got to ATI.com or Nvidia.com, whoever makde your cards chip, and download the latset driver. Then go into Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and remove the video driver. Then reboot and install the new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back