Error everyday with Norton 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost everytime I turn my computer on, Norton has an error that turns off virus protection. Everytime I do a full scan there is always two trojan.byteverify viruses that it says I removed but I don't remember removing them. Also it's takes ridiculously long to sign on as administrator on my computer. This has been going on for the past 3 weeks. I loaded Norton a month ago. I followed the Symantac instructions about the error but it does not help at all. I think I have a virus on my computer and I don't know what to do.

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.)

Hi,

You have two problems - Norton and Spyware.

- For the spyware go HERE follow the steps, then post the three logs, in this thread.

In step two of that thread are suggestions for antivirus and firewall programs.

- For the Norton problem,download and run the Norton Removal Tool

and install one of the above mentioned programs,instead.

Be sure you always have a firewall of some sort running,during all the above.

Hi helpmegirl25 and welcome to techspot. =)

I have merged your threads together as they are the same thing. I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of helpmegirl25 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back