AMD64 3700 939
MSI 939 Diamond Plus
MSI 7800GT
1GB Kingston Ram
Antec TPII True Power 550
Sony DVD-RW Double Layer
Sony 48X CR-ROM
WD 36GB Raptor 10k

I just ran Mem Test and got 4 of the following with different word pairs: Memory error detected copying between word pairs # 70146140 and 70145970. See the online FAQ (http://HciDesign.com/memtest) for advice on what to do next.

I read the site and does anyone know if it could be both modules or possibly just one. I will run on module by self and run test again. Test was run approximately for 4hrs. I plan on pulling my corsair ram off my back up pc and retesting on same system to see if I get same error on other ram, to see if its my board.

Any advice would be greatly appreaciated. In the past when playing online for extended perior of time, my system has frozen while playing WoW or Unreal Tournament 2004.

First, test all the modules one by one to determine the problem. If possible, test the RAM modules on another PC. If they pass Memtest fine on other PC, its your mobo, if not, I think you´ll need a RMA.

But, do some tests first.

Good luck! :hotouch: :wave:

any errors with memtest is not good. test individually.

Some errors do not crop up unless in pairs.

I do have them in pairs but I will get around to testing on at a time and trying on backup system... thanks for responses I should have it done in a week or so, been working on some other stuff havent gotten around to it yet

well I finally got around to checking ram on backup system.

I got the same errors on back up system so its not my board, I called kingston and they were extremely helpful, since they are closed today, the tech told me to just fill out the form online and I would get a RMA on monday. I will let you know how things turn out, I am currently using my ram from backup system and no longer have issues on my new rig. This is the first time I have ever had ram issues, hopefully Kingston follows through and does a good job on replacing my ram.

kingston is good on RMA procedures, however the quality of value ram is low. (You get what you pay for.) Hence the name value ram. I have had value ram before that went bad..... it only lasted about 9 months.

Yeah its value ram but I have had value ram in the past that has not gone bad. I also have 1GB of corsair value ram and its working fine on my wifes pc for over 2yrs. You are right about you get what you paid for, but if you are going to get inexpensive ram I would perfer to go with kingston or corsair.

If anyone does purchase Kingnston Value Ram, their RMA service is excellent beyond belief. I thought I would have had some issue, very very simple and people were extremely nice, I called this afternoon (monday) and will get ram by wed. at no cost to me. They did need a credit card for advance method, which they send you ram first and then you send bad ram to them within 10 days, Kinston said its only if I forget to return ram for some reason to cover value of replacement. I got some form that also gives me free shipping to return bad item to them, very nice, since some manufacturers require the customer to pay for shipping fees.

I have used Kingston value, Crucial value, and Corsair.... The first two failed, the third I have used for awhile.

Kingston had great RMA procedure
Crucuial was diificult, but they honored it.
So far no problems with corsair.

OK..... it gets better, tedster I now 100% with ya.....lol

Well the ram I got from RMA was 100x worse than the one I initially purchased, I would load WOW and within seconds it would freeze on me, the other ram would atleast let me play for 30min before crashing program, freezing or restarting pc. It would also freeze when attempting to run memtest, and it also gave me 60+ errors during memtest when it did run, the initial ram only had 10-+ lol... RMA service through Kingston is awsome but could not get a refund, I just received 2nd RMA today(called them yesterday Awsome!!) and it is working great so far, am running memtest since 2pm this afternoon with no errors, and played for an hour before coming to work with no issues, hopefully when i get home memtest will be working with no errors reported, I asked my wife to use my pc tonight for gaming or whatever to see if it does the same thing as before good so far, 3rd times a charm? crossing my fingers. But as tedster said next time im sticking with corsair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back