Error ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a huge problem my comp reboot, locks up or the screen goes black right after windows finish loading I though it was the ram but I ran memtest almost 10hrs with no errors at all when I check the event viewer I got error ID 1003 is very frustrating because I dont have nothing else on it I uninstall my video card Im using onboard video I reinstall win XP with SP2 I try with SP1 and with no SP but still either locks up or the screen goes black I remove all the extras like sound card and the video card pretty much the mobo have everything onboard my specs:

mobo P4MDPT 2.4 ghz
1GIG RAM
80 GIG hd BARRACUDA 7200 RPM
XFX 6600 GT 128MB (I took it off and still crashing with onboard video)
620 watts PSU

I've attached the dump file to see what do you find thanks for any info.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi LanGod36,

Your windows crashed with bugcheck code 9C. Do you install any TV card? What is the temperature of your CPU? Maybe it is overheat.

BugCheck 9C, {0, 8054da70, a2000000, 84010400}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KdPitchDebugger+ef4 )
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c)
A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.

Id 1003

cpc2004 said:
Hi LanGod36,

Your windows crashed with bugcheck code 9C. Do you install any TV card? What is the temperature of your CPU? Maybe it is overheat.

BugCheck 9C, {0, 8054da70, a2000000, 84010400}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KdPitchDebugger+ef4 )
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c)
A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.

I had a XFX 6600 gt 128mb the temp was at idle 51 degrees celcius(Thats normal on this type of card) when in use of 3d applications will go up to 73 degrees celcius which is the normal when is in use for gaming but I removed the GPU from my system and I start to use the onboard video and still crashing then I decided to reinstall XP with SP2 but still same I dont have any extras on my mobo like sound card or nothing everything is onboard all I have is the usual a 80gb HD and a DVD drive the comp crash 2 or 3 min. after windows finish loading. Any idea what could be wrong?

Update.........

I reinstall windows again and now I have this new minidump file I dont know if is still the same can you check it out thanks

Hi LanGod36,

This is hardware error. Re-install windows cannot fix hardware problem. Your latest minidump also crashes with Bugcheck code 9C (ie machine check).

cpc2004 said:
Hi LanGod36,

This is hardware error. Re-install windows cannot fix hardware problem. Your latest minidump also crashes with Bugcheck code 9C (ie machine check).
So in other words the Mobo is bad?? because everything right now is onboard no extras and I know is not the ram because I ran memtest for almost 19hrs (I went to work and I forgot to turn it off) and I had about 28 pass 0 errors.

Hi,

Possible error
1 CPU
2 RAM (some faulty ram can pass memtest)
3 Overheat

I have no record that M/B and PSU have bugcheck code 9C. However I still 6 cases of bugcheck 9C that have no confirmation of root cause. Remeber to tell me the root cause after your problem is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back