ERROR installing MSOffice XP Pro 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad`

Everytime i insert my office xp pro 2002 disc or try to run the setup.exe file i get this error:

Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writeable.

officeerror.jpg

any ideas? i have tried i a few things but i would like to know what everyone else thinks.

I have tried BEFORE and AFTER installing antivirus - firewalls programs =\ :confused:

ok, im trying right now, ill let u know of the outcome or any other problems, thank you

i still get the same error:

i put
Type=icewarmup
Path=%TEMP%
Template=Office %username%(*).txt
in all the setup.ini files on the cd and burned a new one and it still didnt work

am i doing something wrong?

if u look at the link u posted, it says lower on the page that it applies to office 2000 standard, and i have office xp pro 2002 - does that make a difference?

completely legal, got it from school a few years back - ive tried other less legal versions and i get the same error =[

it seems as if my windows installer is the problem - i rolled back the update for windows installer and then reinstalled it off the microsoft website and i still have the same problem

fyi: i figure it is windows installer because i have now had this problem with various other setup.exe files that i have tried to run

any ideas?

techspot doesn't condone piracy.

if you need an office suite use openoffice.org

FREE and better than M$ office.

Tedster said:

if you need an office suite use openoffice.org

FREE and better than M$ office.

im not trying to priate any software, im looking for help with my completely legal software, when i said i have tried other setup.exe files, i mean things like my .exe for my G15 keyboard wont work, i get the same error, i downloaded TakeItEasySetup.msi from TechSpot download section - and i get the same error message

perhaps you have no idea wat you are talking about,

i have no attitude, if you cannot help me, or have no ideas please dont reply to my thread

i purchased my copy of msoffice from the school bookstore, it is completely legal and i am the only one using it - the problem isnt my copy of office, i have something wrong with my windows installer NOT ms office

does anyone have any ideas??

i have no beef if you dont bring any cheese

Tedster said:

I can see nothing in this thread, that would indicate the use of pirated software.

In fact Toad has made it quite clear this isn`t the case.

If I thought otherwise, I would close this thread immediately.

Toad: It`s looks like some kind of installer issue to me. Unfortunately I don`t have any ideas on how to solve this. Maybe some of our other members will have ideas on this.

Regards Howard :)

yea thanks howard, i kinda figure it is some sort of windows installer issue, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple times, it has to be something with the log file - i hope i dont have to start screwing around with my registry to fix the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back