"error loading OS" cant boot from XP CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cme222

My computer recently just stopped working, after installing C&C Generals, i went offf to eat while it installed, and it came back with blue screen "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO", i tried to reboot in safe mode but bleeps said graphics card was faulty. I tried my graphics card in a different PC< and it was fine. Anyway, I bought a new graphics card (and motherboard as i wanted pci express), and now the system boots but I get the "Error loading OS" message.
With my previous Motherboard this often happened becayuse the BIOS changed the hdd boot sequence, but I checked this and it was fine. I have tried to reinstall windows, but I put in the cd, set CD and first boot device, and it says booting from cd... and nothing happens. I have made a floppy boot disk, and tried to format the hdd, by typing format c: /s /v and just format c: but it says bad command... etc.
With no way of reistalling windows or running the cd from DOS, or formatting my hdd i am completely stuck for ideas on how to sort this out.
Can anyone help me?

Also, since FDISK also wont start from the prompt, somthing could be up wiuth DOS
I made the boot disk from a comptuter using XP home PC, while i am using pro. Could this mess about with DOS?

The boot disks created by XP are plain DOS boot floppies and contain no extra programs.
If you want format and fdisk go to www.bootdisk.com and download the Windows 98SE custom boot floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back