Error Loading Os

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a new computer online. I looked at what I had in it and wasn't satisfied with the graphics card in it. I had a 64mb geforce 4. So I bought a new graphics card, ATI RADEON® 9800, put it in and started up windows xp. It then said that the card wasn't working right. I installed the program that came with it. After installing it asked if i wanted to restart my computer. I hit yes. After restarting it then said the the windows/system32/config was missing or corrupt. I tried installing XP again but after two sutdowns i had the error again. So i asked a buddy to help. He told me to format my HDD. so i did. Then i put in the XP disc and tried to install it. it keeps saying that a previouse version is on it and then it formats the drive and copies new files for setup to begin. then it restarts and i get the error, Error loading os. i tried many tips but had no success, So i hope that someone could help me.

since you got nothing to loose
best bet try to reformat again
make sure you delete any partitions or formatted drives you have in the list
if drive is large enough only format about 6gb format it ntfs if you are running W$K or XXXP

during the first part of the winxp install, when it gets to the part where it's asing you what partition you want to install to, have you deleted all the partions on the drive, so it's just showing unpartitioned space for the whole drive?

then create a partion, format it to ntfs (quick format if you dont have the time to wait) and select this to install winxp to. if that fails, try a different, known good, copy of winxp.

after that.... remove all cards apart from graphics card is worth a shot.

is 'error loading os' the exact and whole error message? i suspect there may be more to the message than that, might be useful to have that if none of the above works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back