error message 0x2952f1d4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

everytime i start windows or every now and then when im doing something this error message will pop up in a window saying something like the refference at 0x2952f1d4 memory could not be read. press ok to terminate the programs, this then closes the program losing any data/work unsaved this is now becoming a bit of a pain, could anybody please help me thanks
BY THE WAY i have windows vista ultimate

First, we need to know the exact error message, rather than something like. ;)

Which programme is being closed?

How often does this happen?

What are you doing when it happens?

When did it first start to happen?

As many details as you can give might help us to help you more effectively.

Regards Howard :)

Which programme is being closed? the programmes up to now have been counterstrike, hotmail and a few others (not to sure) but as i said it ALWAYS happens at the start for some reason :S

How often does this happen? it doesnt happen very often, maybe 2-4times a day (8hours)

What are you doing when it happens?
like i said before its always happens wen i boot up and the only other times have been during a game and on hotmail

When did it first start to happen?

started to happened 1-3 days after i got vista

next time the error happens i will copy n paste the text, but it is VERY very simular to what i put up, but i understand they ,may be a few errors very simular so u need the exact text, thanks for the fast reply aswell :)

Ok, until you can give us the exact error message do the following, as I`d like to check that your system isn`t infected with anything nasty.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

ok got the full message, i will display the entire box

iexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x2952f1d4 referenced memory at 0x2952f1d4.
the memory could not be read.

click on OK to terminate the program

OK

note i have avast and ad-aware se plus to protect my system from any malware + viruses but i will take a look at that section :)

Your HJT log is clean. However, you`re running an outdated version of HJT. I`d like to see a fresh HJT log after you`ve updated it.

how do i update it, i just downloaded that hjt from the website that thread told me to :S do u no where i cud obtain a new/updated version?

Well that`s weird, because I`ve just checked the link in that thread and it`s just downloaded the Hijackthis.exe version v2 for me. I suggest you go back to this link and try again.

Everything looks fine there.

I don`t know a great deal about Vista, some of our other members may be better qualified to deal with this. I have moved your thread to our Windows OS forum.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the following.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow(note the space after the sfc command) into the run box and press the enter key. Windows will now check for any corrupt or missing system files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

it sounds memory related. run the memory diagnostic utility in vista (go to start and type in memory, let it reboot. it will take a while...) and see if you encounter any errors.

Do same with chkdisk and/or a disc diagnostic utility's from your hdd manufacturer and run that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back