Error on a CRT moniter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorLClan

I have a flat CRT moniter that i use on my PC in my room cuz the rest of my fam want the LCD out in the living room. And i got 2 compys total in my house. But im the only one that uses it and need an actually powerful computer. So i took the two apart and made one really good and the other decent and set the good one up it my room. It works fine and starts up but i have a problem with my CRT i use. I have 2 in my room that i had for my dual card that I used before i got my better vid card and so i plugged in my main one. When i turned it on, it made its power on clicking sound...then it made an off click sound and on click sound in quick sucsesion. THen an error message came up saying something about the frequency is out of range and there was like 35.xx ghz (or mhz or something)/250.0 (or O) hz. at the bottom is says to try a different resolution.

so i plugged in my other moniter and it worked fine. (the first one has worked for quite sometime...like 20 min before i switched all the stuff) and i installed the drivers and all, and changed the resolution...and it still errored. so i would like some help if i can get some to fix this problem.

regards,
TrevorLClan

lol...how would i do that... i dont know how to bring up the settings since it wont come up while the error is showing.

Im running windows XP home edition-got pro but put home on before i got the disc so im keeping it for my new computer coming soon-and im guessing i go into the bios to change the settings on the moniter...or is it in the Control center for the vid card, like say the Catalyst Control for my Radeon 9200 128 hunk of crap....i mean, perfectly nice vid card }>:)

regards,
TrevorLClan

CRT monitors should run around a 72 to 75Hz vertical refresh rate. LCD monitors are set around 60Hz... If you have a Catalyst Control Center installed, you should have a RED ATI logo on the taskbar. Right-click on this logo and set it to 800x600, or 1024x768 desktop area at 72Hz and try the other problem monitor.

"MONITER" is actually spelled MONITOR

lol i kept thinking about that and not knowing if it was spelled right...i got really paranoid about it for a time :p

and thanks for the help...Gonna try sometime tommorow...OPENING PHEASANT SEASON TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back