"ErrorCleaner, PrivacyProtector, Spyware&Malware Protect" Repeating Icons Popups etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I really need some help here.. My computer just got infested the other day and I haven't been able to work because it's running really slow and I keep getting these pop-ups along with an "X" warning sign on my taskbar. I get a few different pop-up warnings. One of them says

"Spyware Alert

Security Warning!

Worm.Win32.NetSky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the internet through e-mail and active-x objects...etc"

Another is "Windows security alert. Windows has detected an internet attack attempt....etc". I also get internet explorer pop-ups to myprivacyguard.com and ultimate defender

I also have 3 icons that have appeared on my desktop. They are "Privacy protector" "Error cleaner" and "Spyware&Malware protection".

I have ran Ad-Aware and it finds the infected file. I delete it, As soon as i reboot its back. I have been reading other blogs and such and downloaded smitfraudfix. when i clean the comp with smit, it all seems to go away like adaware, but on restart its all back..

Please Help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of xcrunnerxc only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back