Not open for further replies.

MightyKing

Hi, I have a new pc:

Motherboard: ASUS P4C800
HardDrive: Maxtor 120GB
RAM: 1 Gb
Video Card: RADEON 9800
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz

Well i finished installing the OS, and once i log into my user account it finds new hardware which it wants to install / upgrade.

The problem is that one of those hardware it wants to install is the Ethernet connection in the motherboard. That's for internet right?

Well in order to repair that Ethernet connection i need internet no?

How do i fix it without internet??

Here are the things it wants to install (its in spanish, but i think its recognizable):

View attachment 20491

1) Controller of storing devices
2)Ethernet Controller
3) Multimedia sound controller
4) PCI Device
5) Multimedia sound controller (again, i dont know why)
6 + 7 + 8) those are my usb stick, np with those.

I'm guessing once Ethernet device is working, I'll be able to update the rest through Windows Vista right?

Any ideas how to fix Ethernet without internet? Or any ideas on how to fix this?

PS: Remember internet is not working int hat pc due to the Ethernet problem.

MightyKing

Do you have any drivers CDs ? Motherboard CD ?

If not, download the Ethernet driver on another computer,

and transfer it.It should be called something like 3Com 3C940 (3C2000)

or maybe another name :)

Oh thank you so much,

I dont have neither drivers CDs nor Motherboard CD, could you tell me where to download that driver??

Im really desperate right now, i tried dling the driver before but i kept getting P4C800 Deluxe Ethernet drivers.

I'll google 3Com 3C940 (3C2000) and see if its that one or if i find the correct one, Ill post back once i have it, but could you still help me find it pleasE?

Thanks you BlameCanada

You can download some tools that would likely help. You will need access to another computer. Belarc Advisor from www.belarc.com or Everest... so you know which Ethernet socket you have... then go to that site and reload the ethernet driver, and whatever computer or motherboard manufacturer website will allow you to download the latest BIOS and Chipset. Put them on a disc or a flash drive the export them to your computer.

Hi raybay, I will do what you told me.

Now, as to what you suggested, I have siw.exe to check for my hardware/software and all. I will check for my Ethernet socket, hope these pics help you figure out which one it is:

1) View attachment 20538 (MOBO)

2) View attachment 20539 (Network Cards)

Also, I digged up some info to figure out where to dl the drive i need, 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940), ...apparently.
So, would this be the driver for my ethernet device? (driver)
If it is, how would I install it?? I have no idea.

I also found this thread about this "mod" and other drivers that apparently would help with the Ethernet Onboard problem, here is the link ("Mod/driver" posted near the bottom by Urbin May 1 2007, 06:30 AM)

The "mod/driver" that seems to have helped people out is this one

Is this correct? Do you need more information? If the "mod" isn't the correct one I need, could you find me the driver, BIOS, Chipset I need, based on my Specs, Thanks any help is appreciated.

MightyKing:D

Will look in the morning.
What we have to know is your brand and model of computer, then perhaps we can discover where it stores driver downloads from which site it installs them. Dell has its own location, and Gateway uses Cabs.
You will perhaps need to use Windows Explorer and go down your list of folders to see if you can figger it out.
The computer brand website and/or the motherboard website will tell you in their manual... or at the site where you get other downloads.
If you do not know that, give me the digits of the largest sets printed in white around the middle part of your motherboard...
We can then enter those numbers into a Google search to find out what and where.

Lets start with the brand. It appears that those numbers can be either a Gateway, HP, Compaq, or Dell... depending on the model.

Its custom build, the motherboard is an ASUS P4C800, the processor is a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz.

The problem is on the motherboard right? so ASUS P4C800 is the answer you looking for?

You can check on 1) picture1lv6.jpg (MOBO) everything about my motherboard, including the Onboard Ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back