Event ID 1003, random bluescreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexxeh

Okay, basically my PC will be switched on, and at any random time it might restart. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is all I can read on the bluescreen before it goes, it kinda only stays on for a split second. My minidump is attached. I've tried blowing all the dust out of my machine, and swapped my RAM sticks into another machine where they work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm running one stick currently. I've got 3 in total, a matched pair of Corsair DDR400 XMS (2x1Gb sticks) and the one I currently have in, a brand I can't remember, cheapo RAM. I've tried the matched pair and my current RAM in another machine and on that machine stability is fine with the RAM in.

I have an Audigy 2 in, I've heard they can cause problems. I put it in when my onboard randomly stopped working, could that be causing it?

Your first dump points directly at a RAM problem. I would ditch the cheapo stuff and concentrate on the Corsair. Is this new? Run each of these one at a time. Compatibility is also an issue, they may work one at a time but not together, and they may also work in another board but not in yours.

peterdiva said:
Your first dump points directly at a RAM problem. I would ditch the cheapo stuff and concentrate on the Corsair. Is this new? Run each of these one at a time. Compatibility is also an issue, they may work one at a time but not together, and they may also work in another board but not in yours.
It's about a year old, I took it out about 9 months ago-ish and it seemed to solve the problem for a bit. But it's reappeared recently. Here's a link to the Corsair stuff: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=156701

I think I nailed the problem with them down to a memory timing issue in the BIOS or something, but I didn't know what the settings where and auto seemed to cause crashes so I swapped them for the stick I use currently. They're in another machine at the moment so I'll have to get them out. The only settings my motherboard provides are "Memclock index value" which seems to be the speed in Mhz and "CAS# Latency", straight out of my motherboard manual.

Just to clarify, do all the dumps relate only to the one stick of cheap RAM? The Corsair requires 2.75v to run at 2-3-3-6, taken from HERE.

peterdiva said:
Just to clarify, do all the dumps relate only to the one stick of cheap RAM? The Corsair requires 2.75v to run at 2-3-3-6, taken from HERE.
Yeah, I'm about to go get the Corsair chips now. So you're saying I need to change something in my BIOS to supply the correct voltage to them? Why hasn't the mobo autodetected this?

Okay, the Corsair chips are back in. I've put them in dual channel mode because they are TwinX chips. First two boot attempts, crashed on a blue screen just at the end of the XP loading screen with the blue scrolling bars. Third time I used Last Known Good Config and it booted. Is it worth posting the crash logs from the 2 failed boots? I'll see if it's any more stable. Timings seem alright in MemTest (Same as the ones from the Corsair website) and it ran through once and most a second time before I closed it. No errors.

Hexxeh said:
Okay, the Corsair chips are back in. I've put them in dual channel mode because they are TwinX chips. First two boot attempts, crashed on a blue screen just at the end of the XP loading screen with the blue scrolling bars. Third time I used Last Known Good Config and it booted. Is it worth posting the crash logs from the 2 failed boots? I'll see if it's any more stable. Timings seem alright in MemTest (Same as the ones from the Corsair website) and it ran through once and most a second time before I closed it. No errors.
Within 2 minutes of posting that, BSOD and reboot. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. No errors in the event log except a couple of ATi ones.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: DAL
Event ID: 43009
Date: 16/09/2007
Time: 21:41:50
User: N/A
Computer: INTREPID
Description:
Invalid display type
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 2a 00 00 00 01 a8 00 c0 *....¨.À
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

and

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: CPLIB
Event ID: 52249
Date: 16/09/2007
Time: 21:41:46
User: N/A
Computer: INTREPID
Description:
CPLIB :: Initialization - Failed to load the library
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 33 00 00 00 19 cc 00 c0 3....Ì.À
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Any suggestions? My pagefile is still set to 1.5x the 1Gb I had. Should I try 1.5x the 2Gb that is now in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back