Event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I'm having problems with my notebook since I added 1GB of RAM. The ram seems to be working fine, it is detected and running smoothly but sometimes it crashes and restarts. When restarting is a pop up appears with the a Serious errors has occurred, etc.

Really dunno if the ram is faulty or there is another problem.

I'm attaching the latests minidumps to see if anyone can find the real problem

Thanks in advance

Try putting the memory that came with the laptop in the second memory slot. Run memtest, and a stress test (could be a game or benchmarking program) If all is ok, put the new memory in the second slot, and test in the same manner.

Smells like your second memory slot is fried. (memory incompatibility is rare, but could be the problem also)

Well both slots where working fine with the other ram. I've have played games for a couple of hours and the problem does not appear. I'll run a memtest to see what it comes up with.

Thanks

No bios updates for the system. The system had 768MB of ram on 2 modules, one 256mb and the other 512mb. I changed the 256mb one for a 1gb module and got 1.5Gb right now. Since the change of the module the system has been displaying the blue screen.

The info is the following:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf8363e5, parameter3 a81a6c14, parameter4 00000000.

The latest minidump is the one attached

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back