Everest doesn't detect my CPU temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_a_newbie

I can't figure out how to solve this. I tried rebooting, reinstalling everest. To no avail.

I made sure the CPU HS/F was plugged into the correct pin on the Mobo, and it is.

Can anyone help me? The only temperature Everest will detect is my GPU and GPU Ambient. Also HDD temperatures.

why do you need everest to detect your CPU temps?

software based temp programs are not very accurate. everest is a great tool, but i wouldn't rely on it for temp sensing.

a physical temp probe is the best way to go. the next best thing IMO is the BIOS (although the BIOS doesn't show temps under load

:wave:

KingCody said:
why do you need everest to detect your CPU temps?

software based temp programs are not very accurate. everest is a great tool, but i wouldn't rely on it for temp sensing.

a physical temp probe is the best way to go. the next best thing IMO is the BIOS (although the BIOS doesn't show temps under load

:wave:
Well, I'd like to have a general idea of how hot my CPU temperatures get. I wouldn't know how to use or obtain a physical probe anywho.

THe point is, it did before I swapped mobos and I don't know why it doesn't now.

Home should detect the temps. But I had a problem with it. It won't detect properly the temps with my new motherboard. I had to use the Ultimate to detect them properly.

I think you should try it.

wolfram said:
Home should detect the temps. But I had a problem with it. It won't detect properly the temps with my new motherboard. I had to use the Ultimate to detect them properly.

I think you should try it.
Thank you, ultimate worked.

Just a question, I know it may be a tad innacurate, but is 39C a good idle temp for an AMD Athlon Venice 3200+ s939? It's not overclocked.

You have EXACTLY the same temp as I do. I also have the 3200 venice. It's a damn good temp I think. Way better than my previous 55°C idling with a prescott CPU.

39C is a normal and safe idle temp for a venice with a stock cooler.

the max temp for that CPU is 65C, so you've got plenty of breathing room.

just an FYI though, it may be more than "a tad inaccurate". it is not unusual for software based temp monitors to be as much as 10C off the actual temp. see my experiment here

KingCody said:
39C is a normal and safe idle temp for a venice with a stock cooler.

the max temp for that CPU is 65C, so you've got plenty of breathing room.

just an FYI though, it may be more than "a tad inaccurate". it is not unusual for software based temp monitors to be as much as 10C off the actual temp. see my experiment here
I actually had a friend with one of those probe thingies(looked pretty complicated) come over and take a look earlier today. The CPU temp was fairly accurate, his thing read 37C.

Also on my GPU it read 47C, whereas everest and ATI tray reports 49. Now...that seems pretty high for idle/unload, but it's still in the safe area so i'm not going to worry too much about it.

GPUs have a higher heat tolerance than CPUs, and tend to have much less effective cooling as well (due to cost and size limitations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back