Ewido freaking out

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyellis

Today Ewido has started freaking out on me.

I am also running Lavasoft's Ad-watch, which started showing constant (and I mean constant) registry modification attempts by Ewido (see attached Ad-watch capture).

I remember an Ewido automatic update notification this morning - anyone else have any problems like this? I have had to shut down Ewido, because I don't want to damage the registry, but I have gotten used to having Ewido there, and I feel naked with it disabled...

Ewido is now AVG Anti-spyware.

Perhaps that`s what the update was.

I`m not sure what the best way to proceed is.

I`m tempted to say renable Ewido, but that`s your call.

Alternatively, you could uninstall Ewido and reinstall the newest version of AVG Antispyware from HERE.

Let me know the results please.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the info. I also heard back from the Ewido tech support people with an email that said "This problem has been solved by the latest update" and also instructed me to uninstall and reinstall the new AVG 7.5. So that is what I will do.

Thanks!

Edit: Actually, the new AVGAS also did the same thing when I installed it. But the difference was that when I told Ad-watch to allow the change with the new software, the problem did not recur subsequently. So apparently they did make some sort of fix with the update. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back