Exe file trying to access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyhead

Friend asked me about a file coming up in Norton Internet Security as trying to access the internet. I'm pretty sure it was oiu1.exe NIS defaults to block and I've ticked the box for always use this action but it still comes back. I've done a google search but cannot find anything remotely related to a virus/dialer/trojan etc. I did a search on her computer for the oiu1.exe file but that didn't find anything either. I also couldn't find anything on the Norton support site related to it. Mind you, if you've ever had to search the Norton support site you'll understand my giving up rather quickly. I'm sorry I don't have any specs on her system - don't think it's essential for this query anyway. Thanks - any help appreciated.

Well, what you should do is, see what the defualt it. Usually, if it's something for Windows, it would be default on Allow but would prompt you what to do, in that case the sellection would be on "Permit (Recommended)".

Also, you only need to block it once, and check the box to "Always use this action".

It's definitely oui1.exe and Norton defaults to block and the "always use this action" box has been ticked numerous times! That's what makes me think it's something sinister.

You should run LiveUpdate and download all updates to your software. If you haven't ran LiveUpdate for a while, keep running it until there are no more updates. It takes a few times sometimes, usually because sometimes order matters and a restart is required.

Where on your HD is this OIU1.EXE or OUI1.EXE (which one is it?) file located, within a directory with other strange stuff maybe?

I have just tried a google search for the file without the 1 on the end, and all responses where french. I dont suppose you/she has recently installed anything to do with the french language ?

I searched the entire hard drive for the file and it came up no results. I'm going back to her house today so will investigate it a bit further and get back to you. Thanks.

internet accessing program

I too have a similar problem, I have McAfee and the program is rveejwl.exe it's in the WINDOWS file but it cant be accessd to do anything with it. Cant delete it , but it is constantly trying to access the internet, even though i have blocked it McAfee still keeps wanting to know whether or not to allow access.

Help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back