Explorer and Firefox keep hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble with my web browsers. They keep hanging whenever I try to navigate through certain sites, especially ones related to Wayne State University. It first started happening there and has occurred several times in other websites, and now it happens when running skype and Spybot and my webcam. The page freezes and displays (Not Responding) at the top of the browser. I have Internet Explorer version 7.0.600 and Firefox 2.0.0.11 and experience the problems through both.

I have tried using them in safe modes but the problem still occurs.

It first started happening several weeks ago. I hadnt downloaded any programs immediately previous to the problems.

Is this a virus issue? Spyware?

Its a 3 month old Toshiba satellite A205. Intel 2 Duo CPU. T5450 @1.66 GHz. 1.99 GBs memory. 2038 MB (RAM). 32-bit processing.

Thank you for any input

Hi Brundirks and welcome to TechSpot.:wave:

I must ask you to remove your cut and pasted log from your first post as we only accept logs as attachments here on TS.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of Brundirks only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Is it necessary for you to run Skype, Spybot S&D and the web cam at the same time? If not, stop whichever of them you don't need running. There's good chance you have one of the 'out of memory' problem' and you crash because memory isn't being released by those running programs.

As you know, there are many sites for Wayne State University. Pinning down the exact URL would be helpful.

The security logs will be handled separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back