Explorer.exe Becomes Very Slow/Unresponsive For No Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

After about an hour of using my computer, doing anything from playing a game to browsing the internet, Explorer.exe starts acting up. It'll go anywhere from 50k to 120k memory usage on the Task Manager, and it jumps randomly. 2 recent installs would be "Roller Coaster Tycoon 2", and "BearShare" (P2P program). I'm not sure whats causing all these problems. The most recently i noticed this was every time i'd play Rct2, and Minimize it to check AIM or MSN, it explorer would become un responsive, and id get a new program running called Doctor Watson?. Now that i don't play as often, or when i do play i restart after use, it still gives me problems. Even when I don't play and just browse sites/videos. Anyone know the problem, or how to fix it. I'd doubt virus though. If you suspect a virus, would you please tell me which program is best for dealing with it? It doesn't matter the program i'll purchase/use online etc.

Thank you in advanced for your help,
Jasio-

And excersise caution when using P2P apps, as you may unwittingly download something you dont want to..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back