Regsupreme registry cleaner - the crashes seemed to slow down a bit
after I ran this program

Seagate diagnostic tools - memory test: passed
controller test: passed
80 gig physical diagnostics: passed
File structure test: Failed with critical errors
10 gig physical diagnostics: passed
File structure test: passed

What can I do about the file system. I dont really want to reload my hard drive.
I have an ethernet card in the computer that Im no longer using. Could this be causing the problem?

File system errors...
Start /Run /CMD

enter
chkdsk /f

You will be asked if you want to schedule at next restart select yes

Reboot

It should fix the file system, I always find that doing this a few times sorts out this kind of error.

I low leveled my hard drive and installed windows xp (Sp1) again. The seatools software is still telling me the NTFS file system is corrupt. But chkdsk says everything is fine. So can anyone tell me whats going on?

I reformatted my hard drive again with the windows xp cd. So now my seagate diagnostics cd says everything is fine but Im still having problems. Now mostly with 00000050 and 0000008e event Id 1003. When I looked on microsofts site it said this is the haxdoor virus. But when I look in the registry where ms says to look I dont find anything. Ive run two virus scanners and they didnt find anything. Ive run microsoft's windows memory diagnostic and it says everything is good. Chkdsk says the same. Im about ready to throw this damn thing out the window and go by a mac. Can someone please help me...

So Ive uninstalled IE6 and this seems to have resolved the issue. Explorer.exe has stopped crashing along with everything else. My computer also seems a lot faster. My question is what in IE could be causing this problem. I did a sfc /scannow so that should have replaced any bad system files. So im thinking it must be a corrupt active x control or browser helper? As far as Im concerned I could care less whether I have IE or not. I dont use it other then to download updates. Does anyone know whether or not leaving IE uninstalled will affect automatic updates? How about windows explorer? I know windows explorer and Ie are joined at the head lol. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back