Explorer.exe resets when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindObject

...I try to view one specific group of files.

These files are mostly .avi movies on a separate Hard Drive. And that's all that's in there.

Now, this is kinda weird, and this is how it happens.

I go to Start>My Computer>Local Disk G:> Videos

After that, explorer.exe resets, and I'm back to my desktop, and any of the explorer windows shutdowns also. (My documents in example)

I found out if I'm fast enough, before the video icons show up in the fold, I can click the thumbnails to show up as tiles, and it doesn't reset. BUT, if I click on one specific movie, it resets. All of other movies don't. Is there a way I can fix this?

I can make a video if needed.

It's probably one of your codecs or media player programs acting up..

Are you sure all your files are proper video files and have the correct extensions? Some corrupt (malware?) thingy could be crashing your codec/player/whatever.

When did the problem start? What video-related software did you install before that?

For me to watch those videos, I needed to download DivX codecs, which came along with a converter and a player. This started after I Installed a new video card...

DivX codecs BEFORE card was installed. And then this didn't happen.

I put the movie which caused explorer.exe to reset in it's own folder, so when I look at the list of movies, it won't crash. It will only crash when I go in the folder AND click on the file once. Then it resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back