Explorer.exe won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start my computer,it goes through all the loading process.then stuck in the backgroud screen, no desktop or toolbar shows up. I check the task manager, though explorer.exe is loaded already. I turn it off and start it again.
everything loads finally, but the computer will hang up after a while .
what's the problem with this?

you mean when you start your pc the explorer.exe is runnin but there's no toolbar and icons etc? or either you must restart explorer.exe in order to get all the icons on? it happens to me and wxp need few seconds before entering your password so that the explorer can load up properly. if not clean install is expected..

sound like a cluttered startup

you can goto run,regedit

turn everything off and see how it boots then

then u will know what it is even turning on one thing at a time as a last resort

triiifashions said:

you can goto run,regedit

then u will know what it is even turning on one thing at a time as a last resort
Don't you mean msconfig?

Booting into safe mode is the faster option to determine if its a software fault. then if it is software then you can disable things in msconfig to a "Diagnostic Startup" mode then reboot, check its working, then enable a checkbox, reboot check repeat. Its time consuming but at least you can find out what the cause is so you can aviod it or work around it later on..

triiifashions said:

you can goto run,regedit

well i was close
dude,
you should be careful about telling people to go to regedit and clear everything. that's taking a pot shot approach to a definite problem. if you don't know what a user should do, please stop sending them on a fishing trip.

I think he meant msconfig instead of regedit... Clearing the registry would definitely clear ALL problems, including having a working system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back