explorer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

Eh, I failed to deselect the registry i edited when i ran ad-aware. So i need to either change the registry key from explorer1.exe back to explorer.exe or rename the explorer1.exe in my windows directory to explorer.exe. Anyone know the commands to do that through system recovery console?

Yea i figured that out already and did it. Lol first thing i thought when i saw the BSOD was TECHSPOT! :p

Anyways i did that and it didn't work.
The BSOD said from what i remember: KERNEL_DEBUGGER_ONPAGE_ERROR
win32.sys

Didn't care to write down the error code because i thought i knew the problem.

Ok so it happened when i first turned on my computer today.
I first ran ad-aware, it found some track cookies from IE and i had it delete them. Then after that i closed ad-aware and opened up mediamonkey(my music prog), browsed to a song i was playing on guitar so i could hear the rhythm. It played for about 10 seconds then boom BSOD. I think i may just go back to linux lol.

Also, just so you know. I start my computer and it gets past the mobo screens and its just a black screen, no Win XP loading screen or anything. It just sits HD light not doing a thing. Also i did a file search on this computer for "win32". It does not find a system file named win32, just win32k which is a multi user driver if i remember right.

Actually it finds 9 win32k files, half being uninstall and the other half being service pack files(i run sp1 on mine this is my dads). And 1 being the actual file in the system32 directory. But i am almost completely positive it said win32.sys at the bottom of the BSOD if the thing doesn't exist i guess i'm wrong but i swear it did.

So i guess i should copy the win32k.sys to a floppy off this computer and replace mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back