Explorer shuts down and start bar is behind anything maximized

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

Alright, a pretty simple question, but it has been bothering me as of late. I have been browsing our network recently and then all the sudden it will stop responding. So I goto end task in the task manager, well this also shuts down explorer. And then it restarts, well my problem is in the fact that when explorer restarts it doens't restart the same as before. Let me explain. I have my start bar on the right side of the screen, and when you maximize something it still shows the start bar. But when explorer restarts whatever you had maximized, before the not responding network folder, then it covers the start bar. I hate this because I have to minimize something to get to my start bar, and I usually just get mad and restart my computer. I was wondering if there is any way around this so I don't have to restart, as it is a pain in the sphinkter. Thanx fellas

what OS are you using? mine is win2ksp2, and i have this problem too. the task bar would stay behind the other windows. but i don't have the explorer shutdown thing.

If you are using NT, Windows 2000 or XP, then can you back up your user profile to somewhere else, delete the orginal and then log back in and have the OS generate a new profile???

If this doesn't work, restore the original. I think your profile might be corrupted.

I am using XP, and I did have the same problem in 98. The only reason I notice this is when explorer shuts down. That may not be the cause though. And Phantasm66 I am not exactly sure what you mean. But I will just let things close on their own, if they are not responding. That way I don't have to worry about it:D :D Simple solution to a hard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back