Explorer Side Panel Preview Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running xp pro (sp2 and all updates). The previews in the explorer sidebar have stopped working for certain file types. I can view the little previews for .bmp & .pdf files just fine but nothing else (.jpg, .gif, avi, mpg, etc.). It just stopped showing them last night. I tried the registry patches that are supposed to fix them but it didn't work. So far I've tried those patches, reinstalling Windows and neither of them worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

You tried reinstalling Windows?? Or do you mean something else?

Do the previews work when folder view is set to Thumnails? Or do no previews work?

Yes I tried reinstalling Windows. It reinstalled fine (the XP Pro cd's already got sp2 slipstreamed into it) and then I did the usual windows updates.

Thumbnailes work just fine when view is set to thumbnails or filmstrip. What stopped working is the preview in the sidebar. It still shows all the other Details of the file (size, date, etc.) but no preview of the image. In case I wasn't clear this is preview that normally shows up on the left in the common tasks area just above details for the selected item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back