• No, usually not

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Depends on the item

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Never.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

twite

I thought it would be an interesting question to ask.. Do you buy the extended warranties? When you go in to purchase a new laptop, T.V, computer Ect., Do you find it is worth it to have the extra protection. Has anyone ever had any bad/good experiences with protection plans?

I bought the warranty on my DLP tv, because it included 3 bulbs, which are more expensive than the warranty

I usually find I am able to fix most things and therefore ignore the warranties, but in the case of projectors and LCD TV's I tend to buy extended warranties.

i purchased the extended warranty for my lg lcd, and so far it hasn't come in handy. The only warranty i would purchase in the future, is if i where to buy a laptop. 95% of the time the warranty will pay for itself on a laptop.

I've purchased AppleCare Protection Plans for the Apple items I've bought over the years (iPod Video, MacBook Pro & iPod Classic) but those are the only times I've done so.

IMHO the default warranty of a product shows how long the thing is supposed to last, so I buy the thing with better warranty out of the box. Hopefully it actually lives through its warranty period as opposed to the device that fails and needs to be repaired under the extended warranty.

the default warranty of a product shows how long the thing is supposed to last

I hope thats not true, because 99% of lcd and plasma t.vs have a warranty of 1 year or less. With computer parts, that generally is about right.

Another advantage of extended warranties (at least at circuit city..where i work) There extended protection plan covers a lot more then what the manufactures warranty covers (such as power surges). Also, extended warranty services are generally based in the U.S, where as the manufactures warranty, you may have to send it to a foreign country, raking up shipping charges.

Back