EXternal module RECORDING_~~~

By Sickem
Sep 15, 2006
  1. HEllo
    I am in a small band who wants to record their stuff to a computer. from there on burn cds blah blah blah
    My question what type of module (External) would i have to buy, to plug in a mic, a guitar a drum mic.. and so on. like a home recording studio
    not too pricy but ill look at anything comment if i am confusing lol thanks

    MY uhh sound card is a x-Fi Xtreme music if that matters_`_`_`:hotbounce
  2. N3051M

    N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

    x-Fi = consumer/amature level recording.. but otherwise still usefull.. you can still use it if you wish..

    Look into M-Audio cards or firewire modules etc. If you can afford it get a digidesign MBox2 or 002 (better one) with Protools..

    Also invest in a small mixer that suits how many chanels you're gonna need/interface with your sound card, and a decent pair of heaphones (since you're less likely to purchase a good pair of monitors anytime soon..)

    What software are you planning to use?
    Are you going straight into multitracking?
    Whats your budget?
    Apart from the X-Fi, what other gear do you have?
    What is your PC specs (the one you're planning to use with)?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...