Extigy Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm new here, but this looks like the place to come to get some help with my Extigy. Here it goes. When i first installed the Extigy it ran fine, i installed all the programs that came with the cd n all that stuff, and everything was great. About 2 weeks ago i formatted my machine, reinstalled the extigy, and now when i open new applications like IE, Word, My Computer even, games, anything i open the Extigy cranks itself up to full volume. So i've opened another app and BOOM! full volume of whatever song i'm listening to on winamp... i then have to turn the volume down, then back to the desired level again.

Has anyone had this problem before? and if so, how did you fix it?
Know of any links that might be able to help me?
Any help will be appreciated.

P.S I hope i described that ok, if you need more details please let me know...

thanx, belated.

damn... no one's ever had this prob?? it's really starting to drive me insane... does anyone have a clue of what could be going on here??

Do you mean this problem occurs when u lower the volume bar? Is there an external volume control in the extigy, have u check whether the volume is not cranked up to the max in the app's respective volume control menu?

there is a volume control knob on the extigy, and then another knob that comes off my sub woofer. the problem occurs... i'll give n example.. i'm sitting there listening to winamp, i open IE, or some application, and my volume goes right to full ... the volume on the extigy changes the windows master volume, and i watch it when i open a new app, windows over rides the extigy volume control and sets it to max everytime i open a new application...

well it turns out it was some suss driver upgrade i had missed... and that's fixed my problem. so you can write this topic off. thanx to young&wild for actually replying, appreciate that.

I was going to say just set your pc volume controls to max. and then set your extigy to what level/volume you want. That is what I always do with my system. I am also getting the Extigy soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back