Extra devices in device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief barker

Hi,

I have just recovered my pc from a virus...by restoring to factory settings, as recommended by the company i bought the pc from, now i am virus free, i have noticed that in the device manager there are 2 extra items that are showing with yellow exclamation marks next to them. ( they say they are to my x800 g card )

I am running the latest driver from ati and my card is running fine, but when i start the computer i get 2 messages saying its found new hardware..

Is it possible it could be my motherboard drivers need to be installed?....but i cant see how, as my p.c is running fine in games.

Thanks in advance

asus P5gdc deluxe
P4 540 Prescott
x800 xt pci express
1536 mb ddr 400 ram
160 gb hdd
460w psu

That occurred with my ATI 9600 .All I did was delete both in device manager ,then reboot ,Cancel the auto-reinstallation by windows and use the Hardware Wizard to install your drivers.You choose the drivers you want installed from a fie or disk.
ATI websays you can also do this by using the Update driver tab in Device manager and and again force Windows to use your drivers.
There are 2 instances of My 9600 in device manager because it supports more than 1 Display(Digital,Analogue) It is probable the same for you.

Problem solved thanks

I clicked on update driver and some drivers were installed on both of these...now i have no yellow exclamation marks,

Thank you very much.

Yes, it is because you have dual display capabilities. There must be a driver for both instances. Glad you got it all squared away :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back