Extremly annoying internet problem PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxLairdxX

I heart internets!

Problem 1
I do everything on the internet download stuff, do homework and especially online gaming both through my computer and xbox live. I recently got a new motorola phone in my basement and i have to say i am not pleased. Every time i talk on the phone i will disconnect from the internet, i do have the right internet plan becuase there was never any problem with this with the old phone.

Problem 2
Random internet disconnection has been happening within the last month mostly but a few times back throughout the year it also happened. The problam isnt that it just disconnects once or twice it disconnect every 15 seconds and then reconnects within about 3 seconds.This is very annoying in any type of online browsing and it is especially bad today. I contacted rogers (my internet provider)and they ran a test though email somehow and said it appeared to be running fine and did not offer any other kind of help.

Of you guys have any ideas please inform me, any ideas would be much appreciated.

I do know that if you have a 2.4 Gz router and phone in the same area, it will interfere with your signal, Two or more devices hogging the same frequency can interfere with regular operation.

I do have a 2.4 router NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

how do i fix please, or do i need a new phone. also does anybody have any idea of how to help me out with the 1st problem

yeah I believe its the phone, it may be too close to the router as well, they are operating on the same frequency. So yeah getting another phone might be an idea, or you could just move it further out of the way.

if your PC and Xbox are BOTH wired to the router, then
login to the router and DISABLE the wireless feature.

the phone (and your neighbors) will no longer effect your connections :)

Thanks for the advice, problem 2 is fixed....for now

I still need help for problem 1 tho it has stopped today but i am almost 100% sure it will come back sometime in the next month

if the router WiFi is disabled, then it is impossible for the phone to disconnect
a wired ethernet connection -- start looking for other issues with your Lan.

Did you update the firmware yet? you should, as the ISP will reset/refresh the
connection periodically and frequently there is an update to make it work.

i have got the latest firmware, i just got the problem with the frequent disconnections again and i have to discover the problem, rogers still has no idea what i am talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back