F: Drive "Access Denied"

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenraj

Hi, When i pluck in my usb Storage drive, It auto detects and the F: drive pops up. When click the F: drive, it says "Access Denied". Can't even access to any folder. Confirm Storage drive and USB is working fine. Help pls
Pc config
Acer veriton 5900
Win Xp Sp2

Thks for ur reply guys
firstly i do not hav any lock switch

secondly for ownwership when i right click
F:\ It shows General, Autoplay, Tools, Hardware
Where to find the properties and security tabs
Still trying

Fyi, i just boot my system in safe mode and to my surprise i can access the drive. But when i boot it in normal mode i couldn't access. Wat does that mean? When in safe mode it also give "General ", "Autoplay", "Toolos", "Hardware"
options. Seems like i am closing in

Oh i forgot to tell u guys that initially when i got this PC i did not hav any of this problems. It is just that recently i dun know wat i did that this things happened

Disable Simple file sharing and (as suggested above) Take ownership of the files.
By disabling Simple File Sharing, you will see a Security tab when you right-click the drive.

I did as wat mike says Disable Simple file sharing and take ownership of the files. But i can only access to the security tab in C: drive only. Others
unable to. I did start in safe mode. wat else should i do?

The options in the whole menu are, Open, Explore, Search, Autoplay. Clicking
the Open , Explore shows Access Denied.

Same thing

I have the same problem that when i doubleclick a usb storage drive letter i get an "access denied" message.

Now to recap, cant take ownership because 90% of usb drives are FAT/FAT32 which does not support NTFS security.

Rightclick and explore does work.

This all started 2 days ago after installing Autopatcher 07 June ed. (autopatcher.com, its a util that installs a lot of windows hotfixes like ms auto updates)

I've tried looking again and again and can't find anything that could cause this, any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back