Failed Flash Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guy's i'm new here,

i'm trying to update a Dual layer Dvd Drive
( Btc DRW1008IM )
the nifty flas tool loads ok , is all happy till the money button, This is the log file

This firmware can be used on below drives :
(1) DVDRW IDE1008 .
Check Sum : 8DE
Please wait a minute.....
Execute command errorA!! 5/20/ 0
Flashing is incorrect!!

i've tryed a few websites including the manafactures flash tool but just the same error , also tryed with just the dvd drive connected, and no programs runing like it say's to flash. but unfortunalty it wont play,
please help

thanks phil

Either that is not the correct firmware for your drive or the one yuo downloaded is corrupt. your could try downloading it again.

but it on the live update tool i got of the website stamped on the front of the drive it automatically serches for a useable update , downloads it , n then fails withe the same error ,

cud the drive be locked so it can't be flash upgraded with out me jumping a terminal or something ? or shud i just go get a new 1 , as they're cheep as chips

thanks phil

try going to the site and downloading the correct firmware yourself. I dont think the live update is working properly. you could get another one but if you do I would suggest going with a better drive. BTC is not a quality drive. go with BenQ, pioneer, sony, or plextor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back