failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need urgent help.

i was on the internet on my laptop doing the stuff i usually do when my computer screen went completely blank. i was unable to fix it for a while as it had got to the stage where my laptop would turn on but have a completelyblank screen.

i later went for my last hope in re installing windows xp using the disk that came with the laptop.

after the lengthy process i was suprised to see that all my files and basically EVERYTHING was as it should when i was expecting them to all be gone as i had basically restarted my computer to shop state.

everything was fine until i decided to go on the sims 2. i have all the expantion packs and the latest was seasons. however i will just say the sims as it is easier.

the sims 2 screen popped up as usual and then disapeared. instead of the screen going black and then the video etc coming, an error message appeared stating the following...

failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

i was a little confused at what the message was sugesting and first thought i had to download direct x again.

i did this and still the message popped up.

after reading the message again several times i came to the conclusion that it was not direct x. it was the video adapter...whatever that was?!

so i did some research into the error message reading other peoples posts and followed intructions left by other people.

they were instructing to find out which video card they had by going into my computer etc.

so i did the same and then realised there was NO heading for video cards or devices.

at this point i had reached a dead end.

nobody else had this problem.

i have played sims 2 for years with apsolutely no problem

i discovered my previous video card was ATI readeon mobility 9600 and went to download it. but everytime it failed.

now you may be thinking my last resort should be to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer...but they had gone bankrupt soon after i had bought the laptop 5/6 yrs ago.

i have no idea where i should go next and i need desperate help. i cant afford another laptop and i NEED it for coursework next yr as i am going to be in 6th form. and of course i need to feed my addiction on the sims 2 :p

PLEASE HELP ME!

:dead:

Your video card, or video graphics driver has gone bad. It will likely require a replacement, but you might just try downloading the drivers to another machine then copying them over AFTER removing or disabling the old drivers. If the current driver does not work, go back to a previous driver.
Usually when the download fails, it is because the Mobility 9600 is bad... common among laptops used for a lot of gaming.
It may all hinge on whether your computer has a video graphics port that can be repaired or replaced. Otherwise, your computer has reached the end of its useful product life.

your not alone

that is so weird because i had just put new stuff from the sim exchange onto my game then restarted it because it was being stupid as usual and then it popped up with that message and i have no clue whats going on...all i want to do is play my sims 2 and it wont let me!! so i feel your pain my friend, i hope we both fix this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back