Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

When trying to run The Sims 2 the following message appears:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

Ive been trying to install direct x 9.0c and it came through but when i click on the sims2 to play it.. it still says the same thing! im so mad i dont know what to do.Any help please?! i really appreciate it.

Which video card do you have in the PC? Do you have the latest video drivers.
You can run dxdiag from the run line and see if everything is working fine.

Look for a model number and brand on your PC or Download Everest Home or SIW. Save a report file on the system summary or just read through the info and tell us your PC specs:

Motherboard -
Video -
CPU -
RAM -

Then open up your PC and take a look at a grey box that you plug your power into and find the sticker that has info on it and post up those info here.

nikkig86 said:
Hi

When trying to run The Sims 2 the following message appears:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

Ive been trying to install direct x 9.0c and it came through but when i click on the sims2 to play it.. it still says the same thing! im so mad i dont know what to do.Any help please?! i really appreciate it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------hi! i have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM! you pay 40 bucks for a game you can't use, right? i downloaded the 9.0 thing, same problem when i went to run my directx diagnostic tool and clicked on the directx file the 3 things i needed were neither disabled or enabled it said something about it not able to. i just got my computer rebooted i don't know much about adapters or anything like that, please help!

fixed that problem

i was finally able to find the directx 9.0 at windows.com but since then i have ran into another problem i need a graphic adpter thats compatible with it and also a video driver becuase i dont have these things i cant play damn sims 2 or diablo growl if you guys now where to find these can you let me know?

Hello, nikkig86, jrpthepixie, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, nikkig86, bloo_punk123, jrpthepixie: if you tell us what graphics cards you have then we will be able to help you find drivers and help you out with the directX problem

if you don't know how to find out what graphics card you have: (windows xp)
go to your desktop
rick click on my computer
click Properties
click the Hardware tab
click Device manager
look for the subheading Display adapters, expand it and it will tell you what graphics card you have

if you have vista then let me know and i'll give you instructions for that

thanks

k i tried getting into properties from my computer but it wont let me click it this is annoying ive played on computer for yrs (mostly games and chat sites) sorry but is there another way to find out what graphics i got with out going the desk top my computer then properties way im sorry if im bothering you

Right click on your windows background, click properties, then settings.

There will be a box labeled Display. Your monitor and graphics card will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back