Failing hardware...i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippyuk

Hiya i keep getting BSOD with different codes and i cant get a straight answer in a google search. Ive replaced PSU,Motherboard and towo of the codes are 0x00000044(0x862F05C8,0x00000D63,0x00000000,0x00000000 and 0x00000003,0x866A5020,0x866A5194,0x805FA160. Please help me pinpoint the problem im going insaine.

Thanx

Carl

Sometimes those codes can be of no use. I have run those and had the answer that the code does not exist, etc. You basically need to eliminate the GOOD stuff. Narrow it down. Do you have another resource where you can check your ram memory, your graphics card (if any), etc. Do you have a copy of Windows to reinstall? Have you done anything (recently) to the machine? This a broad problem at this point.

Hi! Thanx for your reply! I Have no other pc that will take the ram and the graphics card.The graphics card is 6 months old and i have a copy of xp but ive installed 4 times in the last two months.Today it wouldnt load taskbar and icons on my desktop but ctrl alt and del worked so i managed to restart and it all loaded but when i started to download some mp3s the whole thing froze and i had to press reset. Im thinking Ram because it came out of a pc that had a burn out a year ago or is it my cheap psu?????? Should the voltage levels fluctuate? I looked in the bios and there going up and down.

Thanx for your help

Carl

Freezeups can be caused by many problems. I wouldn't just assume that it's the ram. If you have 2 or more ram modules installed, try each one singally. If one's bad, you will know. I hope you post again with a thorough list of your hardware. We need to know every little thing to troubleshoot or get direction. You installed a new board but a new cpu also? Send everything about your PC and everything that you have done with it.

Try swapping out your memory for a single stick of some other good ram from a buddies computer, swapping videocards, powersupplys, hard drives, the like :) Swap your CPU out if you can.

Thanx guys this is realy driving me nuts! Ill try taking out 1 stick of ram then vice versa. My Hardware list is Athlon 3200+ xp 2200,Asrock K7NF2-Raid motherboard Brand new,Maxtor diamond 10 sata 80gig HD,550w PSU,Nvidia 6800 XT,Dual Vantec 333 1 Gig Ram,New western digital Ext hard drive 250 gig,logitech elite keyboard and trust cheap optical mouse.I bought the psu at xmas and the fan kept making a terrible noise until i gently rubbed the fan with a cable tye.....could that be the baddy cos thats when the trouble sort of started ? And ive tryed another hard drive.

Thanx

Carl

oops just recovered from BSD Bad_pool_caller 0xc2 (0x00000003,0x5D39430,0x864C4840,0x864C4800)this time. This is mad

Carl

try running memtest86 (freeware) this will tell you if your memory has faults, you will need to download at a mates and put on cd, it then boots from cd so doesnt reach your os. you can also get hold of testing applications from your hdd manufacturer which will test your drives for errors, (unlikely to cause bsods but better safe than sorry) spinrite is another great app for testing hdd but is quite pricy (mainly used to recover data from faulty drives). the only real way to rule out driver conflicts etc is to start with a clean install and gradually add hardware/software over time to find when the bsods start.

Hi,Took out 1 strip of ram 5 hours ago and things are looking good so far! Will keep you post.

Thanx Guys

Carl

Hi,the crashing problem has seem to of gone but now i get insert right media on boot up.......this has baffled me.

Carl

You mentioned a fan situation. Yes. These little fan problems can create off the wall cpu activity freezeups or unit just dying. Get a new fan and reseat your cpu w/thermal again. Carefully. Good Luck. It might be asaking you to put in your program disc. Try it.

Hi Sorry

Sorry it was the PSU Fan i was on about. Things have just got worse i keep getting keyboard error on start up now so ive replaced it and ive done a clean install and my copy of xp is no good now..........BLOODY OEM copy! I didnt know if i install 3 or more times its buggered grrrrrrrrr bloody microsoft

Carl

check your minidumps to determine errors. Look for the "How do I check minidumps" thread here on techspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back