Family Computer runs in Slow Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearhouse51

Hey guys,

My parents are having a lot of trouble with their computer. Basically they haven't done anything to stop spyware since they got it. Now, I learned my lesson last time and have run through the thread and done everything it says to do before posting your HJT log. So I'm posting my log now so you can let me know if I missed anything if you have the time to. Thanks so much for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Wearhouse

Download and run this tool HERE. Follow the instructions for using the tool.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Microsoft Windows DLL Services Configuration

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

rundll32.exe
windir32.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98D0CE0C16B1] rundll32.exe D0CE0C16B1,D0CE0C16B1

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows DLL Services Configuration] windir32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Windows DLL Services Configuration] windir32.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows DLL Services Configuration] windir32.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

rundll32.exe Search the system for this file. It normally runs from C:\windows\system32 folder, only delete it, if you find it somewhere else.

windir32.exe search the system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how the system is running.

Regards Howard :)

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Wearhouse51 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back