fan on video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrmn8r

ok, the fan on my video card is dying. I have a gf4 ti4600, made by a company called leadtek. i have tried contacting them, but they did not respond.

the fan ticks and rattles, and it irritates the hell out of me, so is there a replacement i could buy or do i have to put up with this noise until i get a new video card? or is there a way i could take it apart and make it a non-noisy fan again.

cheers :)

There are a large selection of replacement VGA heatsink replacement products.

Vantec make some good ones

You can buy them from Overclockers.co.uk

Infact quite a few UK online retailers sell VGA heatsinks. You can even buy a heatpipe solution for some cards which would eliminate the need for a fan on your card altogether....

ok well quick update- just took the card out and dismantled heatsink, had a play with the fan.

result- fan has 2 less blades and rattles more than it did to start with :mad:

i think ill probably go for another fan, one of the vantec ones.

good call arris....cheers for the quick reply too! this noise is really going to get to me......:eek:

update: well i got so annoyed with it i just went out and bought one. Its a thermaltake one, almost exactly the same style that was there before except the heatsink is copper. it also came with some heatsinks for the memory, and cost £12.99. Installation was fine, unclipping the old heatsink from the board was a little difficult but everything went ok.

still.....happy now everything is quiet again :D

A passive cooling solution from Zalman would've been even better.;)

29897.jpg

yeh ok ok......i might actually look into something like that because im fed up of fans dying on me....id probably be better off spending a little more on something like that and not having to replace it!! also the less fans in there the less it would sound like its running off a jet turbine........:p

I recommend passive cooling too, I've had that Zalman heatpipe setup for some months now without any problems (my card is Radeon 9800SE), and I don't see why it wouldn't work with GF4 too.

In my opinoin your rite on the money with the "Passive" cooling as long as air-flow is'nt an issue. otherwise go "active" with the cooler i run,,the Tt Giant II running almost two years now without a single problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back