Fan won't go OVER 2600RPM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hope someone might be able to help here! I've got a problem with my pc and i dunno wats gone wrong! My cpu fan speed will NOT go above 2600rpm!!

My PC is NOT clocked! Specs are as follows:

CPU: Celeron 2.8ghz
Memory: 512mb
M/B: Gigabyte 81915p-g
M/B software: Easytune5( Only used to monitor hardware settings)
O/S: XP Pro
Oh yes and Artic silver paste was used when pc used together.

It used to rev up and down until recently when i noticed that the pc kept beeping away and then i checked the temp and seen it was 72C!!!

The fan speed showed as around 2584rpm. I've since been watching my pc and noticed that when the pc is idle the speed stays around the same and the temp is around 34-40.

I've cleaned out all the dust from the fan and no improvement. I've taken of the case cover to see if it would be any better but nothing!!

I have not changed anything on my pc since i've had it so this is a bit of a mystery.

Most interesting of all is that i only run 1 program at a time so its not like my pc may be overloaded!!

have u placed a fan near the case blowing into it . also have u replaced the fan at all . also remove the hsf and wash it with hot water in the dishsoap and scrub it clean , just make sure it is troughly dried before putting it back on ..

i have put a fan over the case even with the pc open and still it gets hot!! I'll try taking off the heatsink and doing wat you said. I'll let you know how it works out......

Make sure you use some thermal compound between the heatsink and processor.

I don't see how this will help the fan speed issue. It might just be the fan needs to be replaced.

the thing is: is your fan able to run more than 2.800rpm?
have you check the box of it to see what is the rpm range?

I´m asking that because if you have a silent fan, it should not in any circunstace run above 2.800rpm.

so, check this first and.

an other important thing is:
some motherboards (like mine MSI-kt880delta) have their automatic fan speed control that try to manage the fan speed to make less noise possible AND when I enable that, my fan (that usualy reach 4.800rpm) couldn´t reach 4.200rpm even when I play games. check this too!

good luck and happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back