Fans for this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher2006

hello i recently odered a temp GPU for my pc ( Geforce 4 MX4000L)

http://www.excaliberpc.com/ALBATRON_MX4000L_GeForce_MX4000/MX4000L/partinfo-id-551326.html

as you can see it doesnt have a fan on it but a rather large heatsink, my last card 5200 burnt out because either my case has bad airflow becuase its only micro atx or becuase it didnt have a fan just a heatsink, does anyone know any UK sites with fans that can fit this and what i will need to do so..also does anyone know of any good programs that can monitor my temperatures of my GPU and other things..

well with the FX5200 i had, it used to run fine and then one day my games just froze in the middle of playing.i changed to my freinds old Geforce 2 and it worked so i thought the cause was the Graphics card im just wondering if the same will happen to this, thx for those sites but im from the United Kingdom and that site seems ameircan i dont think i can buy from there.

that heatsink looks good thats on there, i woulnt worry to much about it, try to find a slot cooler, they can be had for around 10 dollors and blows air onto the heatsink, i dont think a 25 dollors HSF will be worth it for a 40 dollor card

ok man, pretty good advice, thx man appreciate it....if anyones listenin lol this forum rocks and its helped clear afew things up in my mind

sorry i cant really link you to any sites, im not fimilair with UK sites and prices, like i said there sount be any problem with just a heat sink, if there is nvivia should give you a new card

yes i think i have 3 years warrinty on this card so it shall go back if it doesnt perform..when i play Vietcong i think its a really rubbish card but i dont think it is lol, becuase it can handle Call of Duty and SOF2 and them kinda games i like playing, Day of defeat, its just ashame i cant play them for mroe than 1 minute, bring on the new PC!.....its becuase the Vietcong Graphics engine is really crap lol but its the only game that works lol haha

I think he made it up meaning to just rig up a fan yourself. A $10 fan would probably look and work better. But they probably wouldn't sell a graphics card the required you to buy other equipment to keep it cool. So you will probably be fine.

yeah, maybe the reason my old card burntout was becuase of my air circulation, my pc is a made one by time and its micro atx case is too small and doesnt really have alot of room inside, its mainly filled up with IDE cables blocking things, so many wires from the PSU it probably cnt breathe..

yeah maybe, i know there is a space for a fan becuase there is 2 connectors which are kinda in the same place as on the old Geforce 2 but i think its gonna be ok...not really gonna game much on here soon, when get new system..what is a slot cooler anyway, cn you show me a link showing what it is please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back