Fans in Dell 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

I have a 5-6 year old Demension 2400, and lately it has started to give me a little of trouble. It had a Serious Error today after playing C&C Generals: Zero hour mod named Shockwave, then it just completely locked up while browsing here at Techspot. I believe it may be overheating, but am not going to install anymore fans yet, so I want to be sure.

The fans are blowing, but they don't blow that much air out. A while back the computer made a wierd buzzing noise every time it came on, could that have been the fans going bad?

As always, any help is greatly appriciated, as this is soon to be my dads computer because I am going to build one for myself.

In the meantime if you haven't already, is open the case and clean out any dust accumulations.

I have dusted it, and I will look into replacing the fans. Also, is there a reason the fan has a big green covering it with what I guess is a filter on it?

The big green thing is likely a right angle duct that enables the rear case fan to draw air off of the heatsink. It should pivot up to allow you get to the heatsink fins for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back