Fans - Recommendations needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies and gentleman...

I'm fairly confident in that I'm not the only one who is wondering about which fans are reliable and whether or not they truly make a difference from one another.

I was just wondering, which 80mm fans, which 120mm fans, and which 92mm fans people recommend...

Thank you.

i may not have recommendations for 80 and 92mm fans but i just want to say a few things.

try and get a fan that has low dBa but high CFM. higher CFM is usually accompanied by higher dBa (more noise) unless its a 120mm which runs on lower RPMs but provide more CFM for the RPM because if its bigger fins.

on avg, i guess a 28 dBa is silent enough for most people (esp me) and dBa:CFM ratio arent so good on smaller fans compared to 120mm fans persay
avg dBA and CFM on 80mm fans are 30 and 34. having a few of these in ur case can get pretty annoying (maybe its jus the ones i had, they were ghetto fans by sunbeam)

sleeve bearings vs ball bearings
sleeve is quieter but less life
ball is bit more noise but longer life. its all up to u n ur preferences.

in terms of brands, im not so sure, jus dont pick a 2$ fan. u get what u pay for.

anyway im not sure if any of what i wrote make much sense... i need to go to sleep now lol gnight

I´d go with truflip too.

just to remind you that, if you have space to install a 120mm fan, DO IT!
it´s a good cfm result with a minimum noise.

Good depends on your requirements... If you want the most CFM of air moving then get yourself a Delta fan...

If you like quietness like me get a Papst 8412NGLE 80mm fan, that is a really quiet fan... Though it really does not move much air... The Panaflo FBA08A12L is another really good fan, moves a bit more air than the Papst and also works better at lower voltages...

For 120mm go with either the Nexus "Real Silent" case fan or the Papst 4412FGL, I'd prefer the Nexus myself...

For 92mm I really do not have any recommendations to give...

i would go with a mad dog there is three plus sides to one negitive.
one plus is its only 20 dba. another is it has led lights built in. last plus is its not even $8. the neg is cfm if 23. i use one on my cpu and it works good.

Vantec All the way!! If you want quiet fans (max 22dba) get A Vantec Stealth.
If you want a crazy leafblower equivalent cfm in a fan, get Vantec Tornado. And there are also thermoflow which have a built in thernal sensor and adjust their speed automatically.

Tornado fans are like 57 dba... but they move up to 107 cfm!! so if u need hell loads of cooling id reccomend them(as long as you dont mind the jet-engine-like volume).

I like the Thermaltake 120 VR fans when turned down you can not here them however at high speed they are a little noisey. The 120 fans generally supply more air flow than the smaller ones & are quieter, by getting a varible spped one you can manually adjust the speed to your requirements & noise level I mounted my controller on the front rather than a spare pci outlet, easier to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back