Far Cry 5 Season Pass detailed, will pit players against alien arachnids and zombies

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Far Cry 3 is coming to Far Cry 5… well, sort of. Ubisoft on Friday revealed the contents of Far Cry 5’s Season Pass which will include a trio of new adventures and a copy of Far Cry 3 Classic Edition.

Far Cry 5’s Season Pass, which will come bundled with the game’s gold edition or can be purchased separately, offers adventures that transport players to distinct locations. In Hours of Darkness, you’ll travel back in time to Vietnam to take on the Việt Cộng. Dead Living Zombies, as the name suggests, pits gamers against hordes of zombies across multiple B-movie scenarios while Lost on Mars will have you battling arachnids on the Martian surface.

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, meanwhile, will feature the game’s original single-player content and will be available four weeks prior to it going on sale as a standalone purchase this summer. PC gamers will receive the full version of Far Cry 3, Ubisoft said.

Far Cry 5 is scheduled to launch on March 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Ubisoft hasn’t said how much the Season Pass will sell for by itself although we do know that the standard edition will retail for $59.99 and the gold edition (which includes the Season Pass) commands $89.99. As such, you can probably expect to pay somewhere in the ballpark of $30 for the standalone Season Pass.

Permalink to story.

If they're along the lines of "Blood Dragon" in quality, then I might buy a season pass for once...

Far Cry and Fallout series are the only games I'll pre-order due to their consistent quality. Been burned too many times on other games to pre-order anything else.

Picked up the Gold Edition (which includes all of the DLC's) of Far Cry 5 through one of Green Man Gaming's sale promotions for $67 about a month ago.

Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 were essentially the "same game".

the main difference was that Far Cry 3 was on 360/PS3 and Far Cry 4 was on XBO/PS4 which allowed the untrained eye to think that Far Cry 4 was "superior".

In many ways, FC4 was a better game. The feeling of grappling up the mountains and exploring caves was unparalleled. I was kinda on the fence about the setting change, but it definitely worked.

Unfortunately, after you'd completed the story - you realize that replaying it wasn't much fun and the multiplayer was terrible. The DLC content did help tremendously - fighting against Yetis - but my problem came with how easy it was to anticipate, defeat and overpower the game's programming.

Starting you with no weaponry is the only way that game can be balanced. Once you armor up, you become virtually unstoppable, like the Crysis Nanosuit.

I will buy Far Cry 5 via pre-order and sync god knows how much time into it - but I sure hope it is a better game than FC4...and I really think you definitely need a PS Pro or Xbox One X to truly feel like you have gotten a "next gen" game.

I went from 3 to Blood dragon to Primal. Then by 4 I was all Far cried out...
But yea if those expansions for 5 will be like blood dragon, I'll go all in for 5.
Did you know that Primal used the same map as 4 just refreshed and reskinned. Interesting.

Far Cry and Fallout series are the only games I'll pre-order due to their consistent quality. Been burned too many times on other games to pre-order anything else.

Picked up the Gold Edition (which includes all of the DLC's) of Far Cry 5 through one of Green Man Gaming's sale promotions for $67 about a month ago.
In my humble opinion no one should never ever pre order a game. Is giving the studio a free pass to release something unfinished, with zero day patches almost a certainty.

I'm the same way, I have no problem paying full price on those games.

Horde modes in Far Cry does nothing for me - it's all about the story. Will be waiting for it to drop noticeably in price (to sub £30)

Back