Far Cry 6 leaks: features Breaking Bad's Giancarlo Esposito, launches February 18, largest...

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: The rumor that Far Cry 6 will be revealed during the Ubisoft Forward event this weekend looks to be accurate after a listing appeared on the Hong Kong PlayStation Store. Following in the tradition of memorable Far Cry antagonists, Giancarlo Esposito, best known as drug lord Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, will appear as the central bad guy.

A report from last month claimed the sixth main entry in the long-running series would be announced at July’s Ubisoft event, which takes place this Sunday. It’s one of the five “AAA” games the company said it would release before the end of March 2021—Watch Dogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters, Rainbow Six: Quarantine, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla being the others.

The listing, since taken down, contained the following description: “Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.”

Players take on the role of Dani Rojas, a local Yaran and guerrilla fighter trying to liberate the nation. As with previous games, makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Guns/Fangs for Hire are all at your disposal. It promises to be the largest Far Cry to date, covering jungles, beaches, and Esperanza, the capital city of Yara.

Far Cry 6 will be available on current and next-gen consoles—and PC, presumably—when it launches on February 18, 2021, according to the store.

Esposito, who also plays Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian, will be joining other charismatic villians from the series: Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4’s Pagan Min, and cult leader Joseph Seed from Far Cry 5. Here’s hoping he can bring some of the charming but terrifying Gus Fring to the game.

If you want to try/replay the older Far Cry games, along with the rest of Ubisoft’s back catalog, the company is giving away a week’s free trial of its Uplay+ service (usually $14.99 per month) until July 27.

Ubisoft Forward is set to broadcast on July 12, 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 20:00 BST on the publisher's website, YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer channels. Those who tune in will be able to claim a free copy of the underrated Watch Dogs 2 on PC, as long as they sign in with their Uplay account

Permalink to story.

Sounds great. I bought AC Black Flag other day on steam (for a fiver) to just kill a few hours. I did actually end up killing a few hours trying everything to get the god-awful forced Uplay to connect and let me on to play it, with no joy.

In Steams "why are you requesting a refund" comment box I put "Uplay is garbage" and got my refund approved about 5 minutes later. Figures.

Hoping they finally switched Dunia 2 to something better.

Also I hope they make game difficult enough this time. Far Cry 5 was so laughable easy that it's simply unplayable. They tried to solve it with new game + mode. but that was only available after completing game. But why should I complete run through game before getting enough difficulty? 0/5.

Far Cry 4 was the best of all. It was the most well balanced and the most exciting hunts as well as the most immersive atmosphere.

Far Cry 5 was too easy.

I hope Far Cry 6 is good because I skipped FC5: New Dawn since it looked like a Borderlands clone.

It's kinda sad that One lowers an excelent actor to His last memorable role. I remember He made impression on Me in Spike Lee movies. I think He also played in Miami Vice... like... everybody played in Miami Vice (and there was a guy named Castillo there. ;-) )
So I wonder If We can expect any other movie/TV references. I think He was generally most memorable in "drug" movies, so I can bet Castillo will be "Father of the Nation", selling drugs on the side. Such a cliche...

Sounds great. I bought AC Black Flag other day on steam (for a fiver) to just kill a few hours. I did actually end up killing a few hours trying everything to get the god-awful forced Uplay to connect and let me on to play it, with no joy.

In Steams "why are you requesting a refund" comment box I put "Uplay is garbage" and got my refund approved about 5 minutes later. Figures.

No it doesn't figure - Steam Refunds generally are hassle free and fast. Your comment didn't magic it faster. And I reckon a better figure would be to realise that Assassins Creed games are Uplay games, so why the hell would anyone buy them on Steam? The game comes from Uplay, Steam just want a share of some some money - blame them for poor intergration into their system, as the game (AC Blackflag) works exactly as expected on its platform Uplay. Uplay and Epic are both great alternatives, that work without hassle. Well 'cept for every Steam fanboy apparently. The same ones that dont understand that Steam - by demanding a massive cut for doing next to nothing, push up the price of games and fuel piracy. Competition in every industry is better for everyone - forces price battles, increased quality. more choice etc - the list goes on.

Far Cry 4 was the best of all. It was the most well balanced and the most exciting hunts as well as the most immersive atmosphere.

Far Cry 5 was too easy.

I hope Far Cry 6 is good because I skipped FC5: New Dawn since it looked like a Borderlands clone.

I had to comment - FC5: New Dawn is very very clearly not a Borderlands clone. Not 1 little bit. I guess you've never played any Borderlands games? The crazy irony is you've played FC5!! Well if you'd bothered to play FC5: New Dawn, you'd know that it is a FC5 clone! Its part of the story line. New Dawn is a continuation of FC5. What part is a BL clone? Gameplay no. Story no. Looks no. I cant work it out..

BTW if that happens again you just have to disable ipv6 in your network properties and then uplay won't give you the connection timeout. It's weird that some computers do that and others don't my laptop signs right in, my desktops need me to disable ipv6.

Far Cry 5 was too easy.

If you played FC5, then I think FC5 New Dawn worth to be played (at discounted price, for sure). The reference to the main story is nice to have.

Please don’t just be a re-skin! It will have been 3 years since FC5. Hopefully we’ll get more than some better graphics and fun physics.

Also I’d quite a better location than Joe Exotics home county. Although, I would absolutely love to see Joe Exotic in the game. Secretly holding out holding out hope that Ubi gives us Tiger King DLC!

This franchise is getting to be as ridiculous as all the Rocky movies. I'd honestly rather watch Rocky 6 when it's released than play Far Cry 6. I guess Ubisoft is taking hints from Hollywood. When you're creatively bankrupt, just slap together a sequel, and another sequel, and another....

This franchise is getting to be as ridiculous as all the Rocky movies. I'd honestly rather watch Rocky 6 when it's released than play Far Cry 6. I guess Ubisoft is taking hints from Hollywood. When you're creatively bankrupt, just slap together a sequel, and another sequel, and another....
The fact you didn’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’ta good game. I enjoyed far cry 5, more than the 4. New Dawn is not on the same level, especially the plot, but I’m enjoying it nevertheless.

Yeah. Mnope. Last games main character didn't even had voice, since the Ubisoft geniuses had to go woke and allow you to select your gender (just because, story was the same, your character was mute, more cuts in the production costs, right?). Microtransactions? Check. DLC? Check.
Repetitive gameplay? Check. Yea, Far Cry 3 was nice and 4 also, but the repetitive gameplay and shiny pay-for-skins mechanics can only fool me so much.
Until Ubisoft goes CD Projekt Red and creates MTX-free AAA titles, I'm not touching their games again. Neither assassin's creed, nor any new far cry nor rainbow six or splinter cell feel so special as to move money out off my wallet.
I'll rather pay 300 euro for cyberpunk 2077 than pay a dime to a woke "pay-to-win" developer.
Let's see in 2021 the gaming industry crash and burn. As with EA/Blizzard games, this sucker's paying for skins days are pretty much over with: diablo? Meh, cosmetic skins. Never buying it. StarWars Battlefront? Mnope.
Paid 20 USD for command and conquer and had enough fun. Without micro transactions, btw.

Back