Far Cry problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just plunked down 40 beans for this dog. Pretty to look at, but it FREEZES to the point where the game's not usable. Very frustrating. ALSO, the "check points" that are supposedly saved are not there the next time I load the app, so I have to start over again from scratch. Very lame, very frustrating. Has anyone out there had similar issues, and possible fixes? Thanks.

If you are looking for a solution, we'll definitely need more information about your computer.

Many things can cause freezing and may be caused by system problems or incompatible hardware in your computer.

I can tell you the game is not designed to freeze though, as it works perfectly fine on my system and a friends. So that is definitely something it should not be doing.

Have you read my replies to the thread for SoF2 and whatnot? Other than the fact that I think they were ignored, I did solve my problem in SoF2 with the game freezing for no damn reason.

For my ATI Radeon card, it seems I absolutely had to drop my AGP to 4x to stop the lockups. You may have to do the same. I think my Intel mobo is crap.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm running XP on an AMD Athlon XP2000+, 1.6 GHz, 512 Mb RAM. Also, a Radeon 9200.

I've had recent issues with spyware, it sapped system performance, so I re-installed the OS earlier this week. Now I'm running SpyBot S&D frequently, as a preventive measure.

Aside from the freezing behavior, I don't understand why the Far Cry app doesn't save the checkpoints from previous sessions. During a session, the check points are saved, but when I re-launch the app, there's no record of check points. I hope I can sort this out, as it seems like an excellent game. Thanks.

I've yet to try FarCry, so I don't know about the checkpoints. Are you exiting the game properly? Some applications don't save things until program is closed (gracefully) and if it crashes or otherwise is closed against its will-- that data can be lost. Also, make sure you don't happen to have your game files read-only by some odd chance ?oO

as far as freezing goes, its probably your graphics card not being good enough (sorry!) i run it with a gf4 ti4600 and its quite jumpy at times...

as far as saving games go, the only thing i can suggest is uninstalling it and re-installing it? make sure you patch it first though to see if you can solve it that way.

yeah i have had some problems with farcry too, exept for me its not freezing. its the sounds of the gunfire. i can hear everyone elses gun fire but when it is shot out of my gun it sounds like its silenced or the sound file isnt even there. i can hear the bullets hit stuff but i cant hear the gun fire. its very annoying. other than that the game is great but that part just kinda messes up the whole experiance.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds similar to the problems I had with Aliens vs. Predator 2. The video was fine, but the sound was completely screwed up, regardless of game and system settings I tried. It made the game totally unplayable. The first AvP gave me no such problems. Another mystery.

Far Cry Demo

Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me, i just tryed to play a far
cry demo that i got off a DVD cover disk and it installs fine and everything
but when i play it i cant really see anything, could this be to do with a
wrong graphic card driver installed or something?

i have all the recomened specs and everything that is asked for it to run,
other games that i have play fine.

Make sure you download your drivers from your laptop manufacturer. I don't know what kind of performance you're gonna get on a 440Go - I have on in my laptop but I haven't even tried it on that.

Yeah im pretty sure it is the driver that is the problem because when i tryed to install another demo off the disk (prince of persia, sands of time) it does a similar thing and before i started it, it said there was a problem with the graphics driver, an incorrect one was installed or something...so i went to my laptop manufacturer but the drivers arent on the site, not yet anyway

hi, i just bought an xfx geforce 6800 xt(i used to have a crappy 6200) and it works exelent with all games included oblivion ,but when i run far cry it looks like shxxx ... the water ,the lighting ,the textures all sucks....any ideas? my specs are:celeron d 3.0,1024 mb

Really Problem...

My problem with farcry, is that it is almost installed, but then...It says that i need to verify that: Textures.pak file is in the CD.But when I go to it's folder, and there IS the file, what should I do? Please, help me.

Looks like I've found the reason for that installing problem...Now when I play, and whenever I load any map, its just started to load, but then...The farcry quits from the game itself...And it doesen't even say anything.So...Ummm what should I do?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back