Fastest Internet Un The UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Hi

Just wanted to know what the fatest avalible internet is here in the UK? I have been reading about T1, T3, OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192 and they seem to be only avalible in the US or some place like Japan. All i know i can get over here is up to 8mb Cable or ADSL. Is there any others i can get? and how much would i be looking at? and what is the fastest?

Thanks
Moka :hotbounce

I am sure you can get a gigabit link to your home if you talk to the right company and are willing to pay outrageous sums of money..

All the cool acronyms you are talking about are backbone grade connections provided to big customers (well, T1 is slow really) - in order to get anything like it you have to look at ISPs who provide services to companies. And you have to be relatively close to some big pipe unless you want to lay miles of fibre out of your own pocket :p

Hey Nodsu ve got a question for ya...

what is the appeal of T1? I snt my 4megabit Cable faster? ANd isnt t1 a hell lot more expensive? Is it latency or something?

The fastes available (in limited areas) is 24Mb ADSL (requires an LLU exchange) though it's rare to see people get more than 14 Mb on it.

Persoanally, if ti were cheaper and faster I'd go with SDSL, because your internet connection is only as good as your upload bandwidth i'm finding more and more, which remains at the same low levet for ADSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back