Fatal Exception OE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hi guys,

i installed windows 98SE on one of my older computers which i plan to use for some of my good old games.

windows 98 installed perfectly, i installed sound drivers and graphics card drivers, and windows media player.

however, when i turned my pc on again after about 1 hour, and after the windows 98 load up screen came on the screen went blue, and this error message came up-

"a fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:C0014FDO the current application will be termnated" press any key to continue.

i can only now access windows via safe mode. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what could be causing this.

i have reinstalled windows twice, and after using my pc and turning it off about 3 times this weird message apperars!!!

I have spent 3 of my days off trying to sort out this unknown problem.

any help whatsoever would be greatly appriciated.

Fatal exception 0E at Windows means page fault. It maybe software or hardware error. As you can access Windows/ME at safe mode, it is not hardware error. I believe that one of the device driver is in error. Probably the graphical card device driver. Re-install graphical card device may resolve the problem.

i recently came to the conclusion that the sound driver was at fault, my pc with windows 98 does not seem to like the ac97 driver i read somewhere that there was a file name that windows 98 had problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back