• Visual Basic

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Others...

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Visual Basic, because I think it is "fun" to program. It has large disadvantages, but it also has big advantages.

If I did not factor in "funness", it would be C++ because that language is very, very capable for a broad range of things, Although I don't enjoy making C++ programs at all. :)

I voted for C / C++ because that is what I started with but Delphi ( Pascal with OO ) is very nice too.

I also do VB but I don't see what it does that I can't do with delphi or C++ Builder.

VB is the easiest to use, but C++ is much more powerful, Assembly is probably my favorite, because it was one of the first that I learned. Actually I think it was the second because Basic was the first.

I'm not much of a programmer anymore, not that I was ever very good at it to begin with. It was something I Had to do in school and became a bit of a hobby for a couple of years.

Basic :)

That was great fun...

Then dabbled in Delphi before learning VB in school... According to what courses I've taken at the uni I should be able to program in java, but..... Though Java isn't as bad as many people want it to be..

.02$

He's right!, C/C++ is a powerful one, has everything, but the language it's not so simple dude, there are 2 ways to program in C/C++, the first in console the other in win32.

Console it's easy.
the console executes c programing in MS-DOS

win32
These is very but very hard, Width all my experience in programming I say that it's fine top program in C and simple, but if you dont have much experience then kiss good bye, just try to programm a little windows say hello world in win32 :), and youll see how hard is to do one all by yourself.

Vsiaul Basic is very easy, you use the programms to create labels and that kind of stuff :), theres a programm too like visual basci but not for basic, is for JAVA, visual Cafe, it's excelent I tell you.

pascal/delphi

I hope never to touch Java, but I donno what they teach at UBC so I'm just going to have to go with the flow

Are all of the poll options PROGRAMMING languages? I don't even know what some of those are, but, for example, HyperText Markup Language is what it sounds, just markup language, telling what things should look like, not programming.

Visual C++ makes it a little easier, the learning curve isnt too steep either if you already know C++ but it still isn't simple. I don't know that I would call any of it simple but there are many tools to make most languages easier to use.

The choice list really contains some weird entries and doesn't have many 'real' programming languages. :confused:

Where are Pascal, Java, Delphi, Fortran, assembly, (non visual) Basic?

Everybody has voted for "Other". I wonder if it comes in "Visual" version from Microsoft too? :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by androb
well try without visual C++ :)

When I was learning, there was no Visual C++, I was just stating that it makes it easier to use for those who have trouble with it and that it isn't a difficult transition for people who already know C++

I like Visual Basic, it is probably the easiest language just to knock up quick programs, or even just to draft GUI designs.

In the past I have tried C++ and Delphi on the PC, and before that C and Assembly on the Amiga, and out of all these VB is the easiest to learn, and one of the most powerful.

VB

hahaha, i prefer VB than other language....casue its the easiest language..but then..its stability is not that good.. compare to java and C++, vb just nothing at all..but Microsoft came out a new VB.net...this VB net is more powerfull than VB6..maybe this new vb net can wins other language.

But VB can't run on other platforms other than Windows ;).

Java can and also C/C++ if you code a Unix and a Windows version.

ss1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back