Fax and camera programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny52

Looking for decent, no frills fax program. Used superfax and winfax before and they were both okay. Used to get fax program with modem but none came with my last one. XP won't allow fax progrms I used before.

Also, have intel cs630 pocket camera. Was able to download XP driver from website but program that allowed me to use camera to take pictures isn't there. Have to use "My Pictures" thing on XP that requires using the keyboard. This means I have to hold the camera in one hand and peck away with the other. Not good if cat jumps on my lap while taking picture.

Really bugged about this XP thing. Are we supposed to throw out all our hardware when we upgrade OS? Seems wasteful to me.

My scanner is great, easy to use and doesn't need to plug into electricity but company can't seem to get XP driver right. Yeeeech!!!! :rolleyes:

norton systemworks pre-2003 used to come with a decent fax program, but I don't think they have it bundled anymore.

eFax used to offer a free program using your email to receive and send. Also, there is a fax program that comes with XP. Go to Add/Remove programs. There should be a section called Add New Programs. It is in there. I may have the sequance wrong as I am at work and cannot look it up on this computer.

Good Luck,

Jeff

fax/camera

Sent for upgrade on intel camera program. Arrived two days later. Works fine. Can now take pictures directly from camera rather than punch a key. :)

Already set up XP fax program and I don't like it. puke:

Has anyone used the xp program compatibility program for older programs?

Thank you. J

Think I chucked the Norton cd.

After Trend housecall found a virus on my computer that Norton didn't see, I pulled Norton off my machine. Chucked the installation cds, too. Oh well.

Mightyfax? Just downloaded it.

Saw it on another board.

Seems okay; very simple. Will let you know. Thank you. J2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back