FEAR demo launch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringinHeat

Is anyone out there having problems launching the demo. I downloaded the demo twice already from two different sites and installed it both times and got the same result. After installing and restarting my computer i click on the shortcut and it just restarts my computer. I dont understand why this is. Any help will be appreciated.

My specs are 3.0 ghz pentium 4 northwood, 1 gig ddr 3200 ram, 6800 GT overclocked i dont think there is any problems with my pc being powerful enough and my drivers are the 77.77 forceware.

:slurp:

Fear

i have the actual FEAR game BETA version but im guessing the demo is the same thing. your system spex are amazing.

if your overclocking that may cause some problems because that happens on my cpu with the game sometimes. the only other thing that i can think of is that the download may be missing some vital files like dll.

i recommend www.fileplanet.com I know xfire downloads are nearly always corrupted :)

Thanx for your time and help luck not skill.

Since this game is beta there are many things the developers are working on including certain programs that mite cuz the demo to not work. I found this info out at the VU forums from one of the techs of the game company.

The program that was blocking me from playing the game was folder lock, so if anyone has this problem with the demo unistalling folder lock will fix it for them and dat is what i did to make it work.

:wave:

I'm having a lunch issue...

But instead of inGame issues I don't even get that far.

When I launch the game.. the screen goes black (as if to start the game) but immediately minimizes to the taskbar and opens this link:
http://promos.vugames.com/feardemo/

I am up to spec as far as video card, memory, sound, direct 9c etc. I can understand if my system wasn't up to par it would show me an error or shut down altogether, not a redirect to it's website.

Any ideas?

This game is beta so they have many bugs to work out. Go post your problem
http://forums.vugames.com/forum.jspa?forumID=168
they have some vu tech people figuring out problems and they should be able to detect what is wrong with your system or their game.
I had the problem and they found out that i had a problem called folder lock that would stop this game from working rite.
Good luck hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back