Fedora 7 Boot DVD not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mask

Hey all.

Ok, So i've been working on trying to install Fedora since summer started, but I've had troubles. I just got around to fixing my DVD burner and making the DVD boot disk (i386). Whenever I boot from the DVD though, it takes a second to react; the the word GRUB appears on the screen, and that's it... Nothing happens after... The DVD reader doesn't spin, and i can't type anything to the screen. Is this normal? Its almost as if my computer is frozen...

Someone please help! As a tech enthusiast / programmer I feel it as my duty to learn Linux! Could the .iso image be corrupted? I never got the sha1SUM program to finish checking it...

Thoughts? I"m at wits end with this thing...

Oh! sorry, almost forgot:
Dell Desktop computer, 2004: Intel Pentium 4 processor (2.8Ghz)
Three HDD: 20 GB laptop (back up files), 80 GB Windows XP, 80 GB Old linux (Friend gave it to me, to be used for Fedora 7 core)
DVD super-multi: producer - LG

Heeeeeelpppp!! T____________T;

I think if the .iso was corrupted, then the CD writing software would not have written it at all.

However, I do suggest a faulty disk. Try writing it again.

sounds just like a bios setup not set to read DVD's because it goes to grub when it doesn't know what OS to load.
cheers
Hynesy

its a bios problem? hmm....*checks*

In other news, I have a new Vista laptop (horrible) but I want to try and partition the 160 GB drive to put Linux there too. Would that be possible if I already got everything installed on the vista side?

Thanx alot hynesy :3

Aaaahhh, that was all i needed :33 I'm going to try and install linux on my laptop as well.

Oh, I figured that it was the .iso image, so i'm going to re-download and try again :) thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back